Happy 🐣 Easter!
Easter is a time to celebrate new life, and spring in all its glory. We give thanks for having peace and for our family, for beautiful blooming flowers, for newborn animals, for sunshine and warm breezes.
We love decorating our Learning Space in the spirit of a holiday!
The Egg, an ancient symbol of new life, has been associated with pagan festivals celebrating spring. Decorating eggs for Easter is a tradition that dates back to at least the 13th century. Eggs were formerly a forbidden food during the Lenten season, so people would paint and decorate them to mark the end of the period of fasting, and then eat them on Easter as a celebration.
Rabbits (buy Rabbit toy here) are known to be prolific procreators, so since ancient times, rabbits have been a symbol of fertility and new life. According to some sources, the Easter bunny first arrived in America in the 1700s with German immigrants, whose children would make nests for the Hare (called “Osterhase” or “Oschter Haws") to lay its colored eggs. With time, the custom spread across the U.S., and the fabled rabbit’s Easter morning deliveries would also include chocolate, while decorated baskets replaced the nests. Children would often leave out carrots for the bunny in case he got hungry from all his hopping.
What is on our nature shelf:
- Easter Nest Wreath handcrafted in USA from California-grown oak moss, lavender, pink globes, white ammobium and Santa Cruz oregano (buy here). The wreath fills the entire learning space with divine smell.
- Our Easter Steiff Bunny is lovingly stuffed and stitched by hand by artisans in Germany of soft, fine mohair and cotton, with an embroidered nose and safety eyes (buy here). Each bunny has an expressive face and one-of-a-kind personality.
- Sprig Book (buy here) from Four Seasons Book Set.
- An orchid, which Adrian mists daily.
- An April Month poster to reinforce to concept of passage of calendar months.
- Celebrating Easter book by National Geographic Kids (buy here) we read for the Easter holiday.
Easter is a time to celebrate new life and baby animals (Adrian is holding this wild rabbit toy).
Below is our Easter -themed activities round -up:
Read here a post Easter 🐣 Inspired Pipe Cleaner and Beads Craft for Children.
See here a 📽 video of how Adrian made these Easter 🐣 Egg Decorations Foam Stickers.
Happy Easter! Wishing everyone good health, happiness and peace.